Friday, 14 August 2009

New York and home

Spent a great week with Auntie Jacqui in New York (and since no one is reading this, I won't write about it - just some part of me needs closure ...), then flew home via Dusseldorf. Now Jenny and I are suffering from adjustment to the fact that everything resumes as before.

Would we do it again? Yes, like a shot - but no, because we can't afford to and we promise the children we wouldn't.

Favourite bits? Everyone has their own views, but mine would include:

Yellowstone walks, Batu Caves and Kuala Lumpur, giraffes in South Africa, volcano in Guatemala, surfing in Hawaii, Cuba (just because it was so different), Tikal and Palenque in Guatemala/Mexico, fireworks in Sydney and probably much more I can't think of now.

If there was one country I'd go back to, it's South Africa: cheap, same time zone, wonderful food and so much to see. I think we'd both go back to see more of Mexico and Yellowstone too.

That's it - byeeee!!

3 comments:

  1. I for one will miss the excitement of waiting for the blogs to be updated and the feeling of awe that accompanied Reading them. I can't help thinking that it won't be long before someone else gets the travel bug and diappears off to some place exotic. Lets hope that they can complete a blog and provide a travel record for everyone to digest!
    Glad to see you all back and hope that the transition back life in Charlesworth os not too tricky.
    Ta for the polo shirt-
    love to all Big Bruv / Uncle Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Final blog comments-it has been fun for us to keep a track of what you are up to....until next time (when the girls have left home!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done guys. Has to be a huge sigh of relief that everyone is back intact (apart from maybe the bank account.) Your medals are surely in the post. Good luck fitting back into the real world!
    Love to all,
    Nikki, Jerry, Joan et al
    x

    ReplyDelete